To know beforehand:
* Up to 10 people.
* Happens in a protected park dedicated to the conservation of species threatened with extinction, including the tiger.
* Terms of rudimentary accommodation for 2 nights (1 night in a modest guesthouse, 1 night at the ecolodge inside the reserve).
* Exceptional activity: the main activity performed for 24 hours (2D / 1N) is charged to approximately 150 USD / person (220 USD for singles) the entry for the night safari - see the official website: Booking.
* To learn more about the international award, read this official page: Winners 2013 (en) and 2014 Winners (in).
Day 1: Luang Prabang - Ban Vieng Thong (10h whose 7-hour drive).
En route visit the villages of weavers Lao Loum (the outskirts of Luang Prabang), and Thai Lue outskirts of Nong Khiaw.
Local lunch in Nong Khiaw.
Visit caves where stayed the administrative center of the region during the 12 years of the secret war.
By late afternoon, check into a guesthouse Ban Vieng Thong.
Day 2. Night safari camp preservation and study
In the morning, your guide will take you to the rendezvous point, in a village of Kamou ethnicity. Here begins your safari. After location scouting, you will take a boat up the river to the ecolodge. There, a breakfast awaits you; Then you have some free time to relax or walk the camp before taking the boat up the river again in a perfectly preserved jungle landscape.
Dinner will be on the banks of the river as a barbecue, before silently down the river, with research guides for species with powerful spotlights.
- Night Safari in Northern Laos. Winner awards in 2013 & 2014
You will return to the Ecolodge to spend the night.
Day 3: End of safari, and options …:
In the morning, after breakfast in the jungle, you will have time to learn about medicinal plants locally very used and very effective against many ailments. It is time to take stock of these 24 a unique and authentic experience of a lifestyle living in near autarky, in full harmony.
Then you will take the boat down the river to the place where the adventure began.
Option 1: 3D / 2N - back to Luang Prabang on Day 3
Day 3: Return to Luang Prabang in the late evening
However, the journey is long and you get tired. It is recommended to add 1 day. as presented below, which presents only qualities:
Option 2: 4D / 3N - return to Luang Prabang by day 4
Day 3 night break in a good hotel in Nong Kiaw
With a night at Nam Ou Riverside, run by a German married to a Thai, comfortable rooms, retreat for Yoga practitioners; with a pool ; or Nong Kiao Ecolodge, with its very inspired bungalows of traditional houses but with all the comfort very neat decoration. often overlooking the breathtaking sunset in Nong Khiaw, a village located 3 hours from Luang Prabang along the Nam Ou.
Day 4: Small boat trip and return to Luang Prabang
the morning by private boat for a walk, or long boat to the most upstream walks to Muang Ngoi, Sopjam. Possibility of the tubbing (large buoys tractors on which we descend part of the Nam Ou River) or kayaking in magnificent landscapes, dense and mysterious.
Return to Luang Prabang in the day, as desired.
To remember :
* On day 4: ability to adjust the schedule to be returned in connection with domestic and international scheduled flights.
* This program can be accompanied by a professional photographer serving as tour leader. French speaking exclusively.
Option 3: 6D / 5N: Hanoi rally.
Day 4: Xieng Khouang (and the Plain of Jars) // Day 5: Xieng Khouang morning, Sam Nua night (Sam Neua, historical bastion of liberating communist party with its grottos (Audio -tour remarkable) // Day 6: Sam Neua - Passage of the international border Lao-Viet, then on to Hanoi.
Option 4: 6D / 5N: Vinh rally
Day 4: Sam Neua (historical bastion) // Day 5: Xieng Khuang (and the mystery of the Plain of Jars) // Day 6: Xieng Khuang - Passage of the border Nam Khan to Ky Son and Vinh further.
Option 5: 9N / 8N: rally Danang or Hue
Day 4: Sam Neua // Day 5: Xieng Khuang // Day 6: rustic Night in Pak Kading for the restaurant // Day 7: 4 hours road to Hinboun, 2013 favorite // Day 8: Visit the surrounding area, and 5 hours’ drive from Savannakhet // Day 9: Crossing the international border Lao-Viet Ban Dong for continue to Hue or Danang.